We Bet You Don’t Know These 11 Amazing Facts About SRK That He Doesn’t Talk About
Even the hardcore fans don’t know a lot of these facts about the Baadshah of Bollywood – Shah Rukh Khan.
Shah Rukh Khan is widely considered as the wittiest actor in Bollywood. He hails from a humble background and has managed to conquer the industry with his amazing determination and skill.
He, in every essence of the word, is Baadshah Khan.
On his 52nd birthday, we at Daily Social would want to make you guys aware of some of the lesser known facts about SRK that even his hardcore fans may not be familiar with. Here are a few of them:
1. Shah Rukh Khan owns property on the Moon.
One of SRK’s fans from Australia buys him a piece of land on the moon from Lunar Republic Society on his birthday every time. And she has bought him several acres on The Sea of Tranquility which is one of the most sought-after address on the moon.
2. Shahrukh’s sleeping pyjamas are freshly-ironed every night.
SRK believes that “one never knows who one may meet in dreams” and he wants to be in his best attire for the same.
3. He has a crazy fan in the US who documents his life in her unique way.
His fan from Los Angeles called Paige Wilson makes clay statues of everything and anything SRK does.
4. Shah Rukh learnt Hindi after his mother bribed him with movies.
In school, his Hindi was very poor. His mother promised to take him for a movie if he passed his Hindi exams. Teenager SRK loved watching movies, and began to score top marks in Hindi then onwards.
5. Shah Rukh once gave away his award to Salman Khan.
In 1998, he won the Zee Cine Award for best actor but to everyone’s surprise he called Salman Khan on stage; and handed over the award to him and asked him to deliver the thank you speech instead.
6. Shah Rukh isn’t fond of two things – Horse and Ice-cream.
SRK has a phobia of riding horses, and never eats ice-creams.
7. King Khan is obsessed with number 555.
All of SRK’s car have the number 555 and also many of his staff has the number 555 in their mobile phones.
8. He used to run a restaurant in New Delhi before entering Bollywood.
During his struggling days before he entered showbiz, Shah Rukh ran a restaurant in Dariya Ganj.
9. He was one of the major reasons behind Shahid Kapoor’s Bollywood career.
Shahid Kapoor has himself admitted in a couple of interviews that it is SRK who spotted him in Shamak Davar’s troop and motivated him to take up acting.
10. Shah Rukh didn’t even read DDLJ’s script before signing the movie.
He signed what probably is his most iconic film DDLJ without even looking at the script. He did this out of his love for filmmaker Aditya Chopra.
11. He sold tickets for his movie Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa.
The actor sold tickets at the booking window of a Mumbai theatre on the opening day of his 1994 film, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, directed by Kundan Shah. He was paid Rs 25,000 for that film.
Do you know of any other facts about the King of Bollywood? Do let us know in the comment section!
H/T: Hindustan Times and India Today.
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Don't worry, we don't spam