10 Wrestlers You Grew Up Watching, Who Are No More
WWF (not WWE) has been a part of most guys’ lives, while growing up. The larger than life wrestlers, the over-the-top characters, and violent action, made it a staple of our lives, much to the chagrin of our parents, who would think it is a bad influence on us. And who can forget the trump cards?
But while some of them went to have great careers like The Undertaker and The Rock, some of them faded into obscurity soon thereafter. You will be surprised to know a few of them have since then passed away, at relatively young ages.
Here is a list of 10 such wrestlers, whom we grew up watching, but have since left us.
1. Test- Test was a big name during the attitude era, so much so that he was about to be married to Stephanie McMahon, albeit in storyline. But soon Test was let go from WWE, and he died from drug overdose at the age of 33.
2&3. Rosie and Jamal- Rosie and Jamal made waves as a part of the tag team 3MW (3 Minute Warning). Sadly, both these real life cousins are no more. Jamal passed away in 2009, and Rosie died a couple of days ago.
4. Viscera- He was a scary big man, almost always dressed in black. He is best remembered as being one of Undertaker’s henchmen. He died in February 2014, at an age of 43.
5. The Big Boss Man- The policeman of WWE was a regular fixture in the 90s. He had a lot of good matches against a host of opponents, like Big Show and Ken Shamrock. However, he passed away in 2004.
6. Crash Holly- The loveable Crash Holly became the WWF Hardcore Champion multiple times. He committed suicide in 2003.
7. Mr. Perfect- He was a phenomenal in-ring performer. The former Intercontinental Champion died of a cardiac arrest in 2003.
8. Rowdy Roddy Piper- Roddy Piper was a riot on the mic. You knew he is going to raise some hell everytime he started to speak. The legendary Scotsman died in 2015 following a heart attack.
9. Chyna- She was a phenomenon. She had the physique which could put even the men to shame. As a part of DX, she was a part of a lot of high profile matches. But sadly, she spiralled down the path of depression, after leaving WWF. She died of an apparent drug overdose in 2016.
10. Macho Man Randy Savage- Once upon a time, one of the biggest stars in WWF, he lost a lot of his shine in the 90s. Yet, he is fondly remembered for his engaging personality. He passed away in 2011 in a car accident.
Rest in peace, warriors!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Don't worry, we don't spam