10 Records Broken With Rohit Sharma’s 3rd Double Century Today
Three double centuries. Phew. Now that’s a lot of runs.
In today’s match against Sri Lanka in Mohali, Rohit Sharma became the first-ever cricketer to score three double centuries, breaking and making a number of records in the process.
Here’s a lowdown:
1. Rohit Sharma set the record for the most sixes hit by an Indian captain in one ODI innings.
2. By hitting all those sixes, he took his tally of sixes in ODIs in 2017 to 42. He now occupies three out of the first four spots in the list of most sixes by an Indian batsman in an ODI innings.
3. Rohit scored 107 today and 110 vs SL in Kolkata in 2014. He’s the first batsman in ODI history to twice score 100+ runs in the last ten overs (41-50).
4. Rohit Sharma is now fourth in the list of batsmen with most ODI hundreds for India.
5. Rohit Sharma also set the record for the highest ODI scores by an Indian Captain.
6. After Zaheer Khan, he is the second Indian batsman to score four consecutive sixes in four deliveries.
7. He is now tied with Virat Kohli and Gautam Gambhir to have taken the fewest ODIs to score a maiden 100 as captain for India.
8. He is also tied with Sachin Tendulkar and David Warner for most 150+ scores in ODIs
9. India becomes the first country in the world to score 100 300+ totals. After India, Australia has scored 96 and South Africa has scored 79 totals of 300 or more.
10. More surprisingly, both of Rohit Sharma’s double-hundreds against Sri Lanka have come in 151* balls. the first one was scored on 13-11-2014, the second one on 13-12-2017.
How did you like them? Do you have more to add? Let us know in the comments!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Don't worry, we don't spam