10 Of The World’s Teeniest Tiniest Countries Most Of Us Miss Out On Visiting

It seems people have been going around telling people that size doesn’t matter.

But if there was any point where that mattered, it’s when it comes to countries. A nation’s landmass affects everything from the lifestyle of its people to the government’s defence policies. But there remain some countries so tiny that they’re often forgotten by the rest of the world.

#1 Malta, 316 square kilometres

Source

An island country made up of three islands, Malta’s population is approximately 450,000. Considering its small size, it’s one of the most densely populated cities in the world

#2 Maldives, 300 square kilometres

Source

The smallest country in Asia, the Maldives remain a popular tourist destination. Comprised of over 1000 islands, Maldives gained its independence in 1965.

#3 St. Kitts and Nevis, 261 square kilometres

Source

St. Kitts and Nevis were one of the first islands in the Caribbean to be occupied by European settlers. It remains a part of the Commonwealth to this day.

#4 Marshall Islands, 181 square kilometres

Source

Found halfway between Hawaii and Australia, the Marshall Islands are known for the immense biodiversity of the aquatic life around them.

#5 Liechtenstein, 160 square kilometres

Source

Ruled by a prince, Liechtenstein remains the only country in the world ot be located entirely in the Alps. The tiny nation is one of the world’s richest in terms of GDP per capita and boasts the world’s lowest unemployment rate.

#6 San Marino, 61 square kilometres

Source

Another tiny European country with immense wealth per capita, it has a population of only 30,000. Known as the Most Serene Republic of San Marino, the country is surrounded entirely by Italy.

#7 Tuvalu, 26 square kilometres

Source

Tuvalu is located in the Pacific Ocean with a population of only 10,000. Extremely remote, the country’s main island has only one hospital and 8kms of road.

#8 Nauru

Source

The smallest island country in the world, Nauru’s economy initially boomed because of its rich phosphate deposits. However, after its reserves dried up, 90% of their population lost their job with the remaining 10% being employed by the government.

#9 Monaco, 2 square kilometres

Source

One of the world’s biggest centres for gambling and luxury goods, Monaco is home to the most millionaires in the world per capita. With a population of 36,000 Monaco is the most densely populated city in the world.

#10 Vatican City, 0.44 square kilometres

Source

The smallest country in terms of land, the Vatican fits entirely in the Italian capital of Rome. It houses St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest Church in the world.

Liked what you saw on DailySocial?

Follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram

Posted by

DailySocial Staff

Back to top