10 Randomly Amazing Facts That Would Make You Go Whoa!
As a human, there is so much to know about the world around us! No matter how well read or educated we are, the world is always ready to amaze us. There is always going to be something new, unknown about the world that would leave us stunned.
Here are 10 random facts that are so cool they would literally make you the star of your group today! So go on and see if those around you know these fun facts.
1. The world’s quietest room is -9 decibels and it quiet enough to hear your blood flowing through your veins. The silence of the room is often reported to create hallucinations and 45 minutes is the longest anyone has every managed to stay in that room.
2. Iceland is the only country in the world that does not have any mosquitoes. The climatic changes in Iceland are so rapid that a mosquito is unable to complete its lifecycle, hence no mosquitoes!
3. A man once tried to blow up the Eiffel Tower. According to Ivan Chtcheglov, its light was shining into his bedroom, not letting him sleep all night.
4. Tigers are one of the most vengeful animals on the planet. They will take revenge on those who have wronged them. So, humans, they will come and get you, even if they go extinct!
5. Backfire effect is a psychological phenomenon according to which the more you try to convince someone they are wrong, by giving them facts and figures, the more convinced they become of their beliefs.
So next time you’re trying to argue with your boss, back off!
6. Irresistible puppy eyes is a biological phenomenon. Having constant eye contact with dogs is said to increase oxytocin levels in humans and dogs, creating love, trust, and bonding.
This only happens between dogs and humans, somewhere laying the foundation of an evolved companionship.
7. You have a ‘second brain’ in your gut, called the Enteric nervous system. That is where your gut feeling comes from! Trust it.
8. Doorways are linked to memory loss and that is why we tend to forget something the moment we enter to make an exit!
9. Rainbows are actually full circles and they can be seen from an airplane.
10. When you put a seashell to your eyes, it is the sound of your blood rushing through your veins that you hear, and not the ocean.
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Don't worry, we don't spam